Saturday 20 May 2017

Growth Mindset Timeline


Monday 1/5

When I did the survey, I was questioning whether I answered truthfully and not just because I don't want the result to show I have a fixed mindset. During the survey, I felt it was very repetitive because the question were very similar to each other and hardly ever changed. I never really answered any question with a strongly disagree or agree, it was either disagree or agree.

Reading short articles regarding a growth mindset has led me to realise that we keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, will eventually lead to setbacks and errors. These mistakes should drive us to continue down new paths.

https://mindsetonline.com/testyourmindset/results.php 
The questions I used to evaluate my mindset can be seen here

Tuesday 2/5

After receiving the feedback, I was expecting the responses to be majority on the mixed mindset but surprisingly it was on a growth mindset. This was surprising because I would sometime display behaviours or say something that is of a fixed mindset. This changed how I actually  perceive myself in front of myself.



The questions I gave out to friends and family to evaluate my mindset can be seen here



Wednesday 3/5

Watching the video made me feel like that my mindset has expanded. It felt like a motivation video that broadened my way of thinking and my behaviour responses towards struggles. Hard work and struggle is part of our life and must learn to embrace since it helps us develop our growth mindset.



Friday 5/5

During work, nothing really special happened. No complaints, no criticism, no problems. I just breezed through my shift like usual and finished up nicely. This includes interactions with other co-workers and superiors.


Sunday 7/5

When reflecting my past actions during the week, I was not really bothered to do it due to the fact that my family and I went out for the whole day and didn't come back till late at night. I was really tired and had an early start for uni the next day.


Tuesday 9/5
When doing the worksheet, it displayed how important it is to reflect previous mistakes because it helps develop a growth mindset.

Thursday 11/5

When I was reading  Schmidt, Shumow ...'s article it made me discover just how big structural factors impact the learning capabilities of student. It made me reflect whether I was affected by such factor when I was growing up.


Friday 12/5

When doing this activity it reminded me how a growth mindset is important for managers because not only will it improve your performance in your occupation but also encouraging a growth mindset environment will also enhance the workers efficiency and productivity


Monday 15/5

Since i got caught up with doing other assignments i couldn't really do any of the activities for the day

Thursday 18/5

With all the assignments being due this week, i had to priorities them over the growth mindset activities







No comments:

Post a Comment